Active Adults/Senior Programs
Our Active Adults and Senior programming is a combination effort with Montgomery County, Christiansburg, Blacksburg, and Radford Parks and Recreation departments, the Montgomery County and Radford RSVP, and Meadowbrook Library.
Enjoy programs catering to adults ages 50+, including arts and crafts, games, music, special presentations, picnics, socials, and more. See what's out there by signing up for our many trips and tours. We offer a wealth of activities to encourage life enrichment through engagement in social and physical activity, while taking
a trip off the beaten path!
How to Register
Register online, by phone at (540) 382-6975, in person at our office in the Montgomery County Government Center, or print the form and mail it to: Montgomery County Government Center, 755 Roanoke St, Suite 1E, Christiansburg, VA 24073. Please make checks payable to Montgomery County Parks and Recreation.
- Deadlines: A deadline is set to secure tickets. If the minimum number of participants is not met, an activity will be canceled.
- Wait List: If an activity is full at the time of inquiry, you can request to be placed on the waiting list. If a vacancy becomes available, participants will be notified and given seven days to submit the fee.
- Refunds: For a full refund, cancellations must be made prior to the registration deadline. An exception can be made only if a substitute is provided or the vacancy can be filled from the Wait List. Refunds are automatic if an activity is cancelled.
- Medicine: Participants must travel with at least a 24-hour supply of medication in the event of a return delay due to inclement weather or other circumstance.
- Inclement Weather: If Montgomery County Schools are cancelled or on a 2+ hour delay, programs will be cancelled.
We reserve the right to have program flexibility.
Summer 2020 Programs
Mid-County Mindfulness - $12
Thursday, June 18, 10 a.m., Mid-County Park
We will have a fun mindfulness based nature activity followed by a short hike.
Due to concerns about COVID-19, this program will be following new guidelines.
Transportation will not be provided, so we will meet at Mid-County Park on 390
Cinnabar Road in Christiansburg. Lunch will be provided by Jimmy Johns and you
will have the choice of ham, turkey, or a veggie sub box lunch. After lunch, we
will hold a brain storming session with participants to discuss future
programs. The deadline to register is Tuesday, June