Frog Hoppers Summer Camp (grades 1-6) |
2020 Session Dates and Themes (Cancelled)
- Session 1: June 8-12, Bug's Life
- Session 2: June 15-19, Super Heroes & Princesses
- Session 3: June 22-26, Kid's Scientist Lab
- Session 4: June 29-July 3, Stars & Stripes
- Session 5: July 6-10, Castles & Dragons
- Session 6: July 13-17, All About Sports
- Session 7: July 20-24, Animal Planet
- Session 8: July 27-31, Under the Sea
Paperwork for the 2020 camp will be available after February 15th in our office and to download under Steps to Register.
Registration for the 2020 sessions begins on March 2 at 8:30 a.m.
About Frog Hoppers
Our summer day camp is a great way for children to experience education and recreation outdoors! This is a well-structured camp that involves small group learning activities. Campers will experience arts, crafts, nature activities, hikes, sports, games, and more! Camp is held daily, rain or shine. Our qualified counselors will initiate the fun and activities your child will remember forever!
Camp is held at the Mid-County Activity Center, Park, and Frog Pond Pool located at 390 Cinnabar Road in Christiansburg. Some sessions of the program may take a walking field trip to a nearby offsite location, such as the Recycling Center or Montgomery County Animal Care and Adoption Center.
Camp is held from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Check-in time is between 7:30-8:30 a.m., and check-out time is between 4:30-5:30 p.m. Please note that a late pick-up fee of $1 per minute will be applied after 5:30 p.m.
Frog Hoppers Summer Camp is for rising 1st – 6th graders.
Each session is $175.
Refunds are automatic, if Frog Hoppers Summer Camp must be cancelled by Montgomery County Parks and Recreation.
Refunds will be given only if notification is received before the session deadline, which is always the Wednesday of the week prior to camp. After that time, no refunds will be given.
Refunds will not be granted for children who are asked to leave camp for problems regarding discipline, check-out, or other scenarios outlined in the Parent Handbook.
Steps to Register
- Read the Parent Handbook.
- Fill out the Form Packet.
- Have your child's physician fill out the
Summer Camp Health Form and attach their immunization record.
- Make a copy of your child's birth certificate.
- Register and pay to reserve your spot online, over the phone at (540) 382-6975, or in person at our office (755 Roanoke Street, Suite 1E).
You may register and pay online, however your child will not be fully registered until we have received the Form Packet, copy of their birth certificate, Summer Camp Health Form, and immunization record.
Download a checklist to make sure you have all the necessary paperwork.
The deadline to register your child and submit all required paperwork is the Wednesday prior to the week of camp you are registering for.
Paperwork may be submitted the following ways:
- Dropped off at our office on 755 Roanoke Street, Suite 1E, in Christiansburg
- Emailed to email@example.com
- Faxed to (540) 382-4596
For convenience, your child’s physician can fax paperwork straight to our office.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the Montgomery County Parks and Recreation office from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. at (540) 382-6975, Option 1.
You may also reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.