Public meetings are the second and fourth Monday of each month at the Montgomery County Government Center
, 755 Roanoke St. in Christiansburg. Closed sessions begin at 6 p.m. if needed. Open sessions begin at 7:15 p.m. Citizens are invited to attend and allowed to speak at each meeting. All regular meetings of the Board of Supervisors are rebroadcast on Montgomery County Comcast and Shentel Channels 190
Watch the latest meetings online
The Board of Supervisors allows citizens to present comments on issues deserving their attention during public address at each meeting. If you wish to speak, please observe the policy below regarding public address and the presentation of visuals.
- A public address sign-up sheet will be available outside the meeting room. Speakers are requested to provide their name, address and phone number, and list the subject matter on the sign-up sheet.
- Following the names on the sign-up sheet, other speakers will be allowed.
- Each speaker has five minutes, whether speaking as an individual or a representative.
- All comments must be directed to the Chair and other
supervisors from the speaker's lectern at the front of the room. Please
begin by stating your name and address. Debate between speakers and
members of the audience will not be allowed.
- Speakers may leave any written statements and/or comments to the supervisors with the Board Clerk.
- Speakers will be judged out of order should the speaker
engage in personal attacks, use profanity or abusive language, or debate
with the audience and not address the supervisors.
- Accepted etiquette is to not applaud or make loud responses.
The Board of Supervisors welcomes visuals that support citizen comments made during public address.
- Visual presentations will not be accepted the day of the meeting. If you wish to distribute copies of your statement or presentation to the supervisors, please provide 12 copies of the handouts when comments are presented.
- PowerPoint or PDF files, along with your contact
information, must be emailed to Vickie Swinney
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or delivered to the County
Administration Suite, 755 Roanoke St. in Christiansburg, by noon on
Friday preceding the meeting.
- Before the start of televised meetings, speakers with
electronic presentations should consult with County staff in the Board
Room's Control Room at least 30 minutes before the meeting starts.
- Speakers are not allowed to use their own laptop, tablet or A/V equipment.
- Sound files on their own or embedded into PowerPoint or linked into presentations will not be supported.